History

Monday, September 29, 2014

Aesthetics of Thursday

I like the art in cartoons that is left out of focus 
and fictional movies with realistic approaches
I like fog when it rests on hillsides in the distance
and iron bar balconies on small streets in big cities
I like observing couples on obvious first dates
and when people with bad posture remind me to stand straight
I like weird slang terms for drugs
and elongated hugs
I like when pets match their owners 
and vegan alternatives
I like the kids at school who are actual loners
I like peonies and baby's breath, but not as much as their names. 
I like people with wrinkles and stories to match.
I like penny lane
I like the way smoke looks in photographs
I like gypsy practices although I don't partake
I don't like swimming in pools but love swimming in lakes
I like the way spines look when protruding from skin.
And how shadows form shapes on those who are thin
I like the feeling that comes with incense and oil 
In truth I love baking with aluminum foil
I like the smell of herb when its citrusy and sweet
And the thoughts that come after that wondrous treat
I like friendships with meaning and genuine people
I like mosques with large round intricate steeples 
I like Buddhist philosophy and compassion for life
I like Irish music and the sound of a fife 
I like pillows with detail by open woodburning fires
and classic literature with quotes that inspire 
I like gentle people with peaceful intentions
And of course this whole world and all its inventions



7 comments:

  1. I like observing couples on obvious first dates too, its funny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I like people with wrinkles and stories to match."

    #stolen

    ReplyDelete
  3. you sound like a very interesting person and i mean that in the best way possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I like when pets match their owners."
    love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I like pillows with detail by open woodburning fires
    and classic literature with quotes that inspire" # stolen

    ReplyDelete