History

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wackness Now


Never was the stress about approval.
Never was the fear on public thought.
Always I was scared of those who loved me. 
That how they chose to see me I was not. 


Never did I veer away from loveless. 

For always I would choose to love myself.
Never have I worried about lonely.
But without you my heart's left on the shelf.


Growing up is nothing to be scared of.

These old lines show life's own history. 
Death doesn't trap my nightmares like a child.
Pain doesn't make a skeptic out of me. 


The future though is something so unheard of.

Anticipation is usually afraid. 
misunderstanding what lies before us.
These thoughts to rest I know they must be laid. 


Never has a purpose put a hinder

upon this journey I know to be my own. 
For significance is really just a story
we're told so we don't die feeling alone. 


Never will I have to fear this being

Never will I question what I am
but in this world we can't help but comparing
as long as I am nothing close to them. 


This sprawl is really much more scary 

than any foolish object with a stare. 
Not worried will I be for my own safety
just fearful of the drone they breed and wear. 


Rationality is most of what's in question

When I think about the dreaded settled way
To be what shapes the general picture
Is away from where I know I'd like to stay. 


Never will I let the fear control me

or stop what I know must be done.
In time afraid will find itself lonely
I will not be the sheltered one. 




1 comment:

  1. "But in this world we can't help but comparing as long as I am nothing close to them."
    "In time, afraid will find itself lonely I will not be the sheltered one."
    These lines are so powerful, you've got a way with writing that is unlike any other here.

    ReplyDelete